- Go for a walk after you eat lunch. Convince your co-workers to come along, the extra motivation and company.
- If your workplace has a gym, use it before or after work.
- Use resistance tubes at your desk.
- Wear a pedometer to monitor your climb to 10,000 steps per day.
- Always take the stairs over the elevator.
- Walk everywhere. Hand deliver in-house messages instead of emailing and walk instead of taking the car for local errands.
- Schedule your exercise. Make it an appointment and stick to it.
- Stretch every hour to prevent stiff muscles, back and neck pain.
Some schedules don't leave much room for working out. If you have the motivation but you don't have the time, it is still possible to accumulate activity throughout the day to stay healthy. All you have to do is exercise whenever and wherever you can. Results don't necessarily require long hours in the gym. It's completely possible to stay healthy and get in to shape by "active living." Active living is simply, making your lifestyle more active. It's a very easy transition and can make a huge difference to your overall health and energy levels. Let's use some of the suggestions listed below to add activity in to your work day.
Cowley Rd Proposed...
Green End Road...
Pedestrian and Cycle...