Worried if the roads you use to get to work or to the shops are gritted. Before leaving the house, plan your journey so that most of it is on gritted roads to make your drive easier and safer.
The routes highlighted in red are primary roads while blue are secondary priority for gritting
Cambridgeshire County Council Gritted Roads
Make sure you drive slowly and with caution during this winter season. Icy roads can make braking difficult. Go to a lower gear to have your engine help with the braking process. Give yourself plenty of time and slow down so that you can make the right decisions.
- your tyre pressures are at the recommended level and that the tread depth is correct. Don't forget to check your spare
- your vehicle's lights are clean and in working order
- the wiper system is working effectively
- the washer bottles are full and contain a suitable additive to prevent freezing
- your battery is fully charged and in good condition
- your anti-freeze is topped up - your garage can do this for you
- clear windows and mirrors before setting out - carry an ice scraper/de-icer
For information on gritting and road conditions, check out the Cambridgeshire County Council's Gritting News