SmartPanels are a result of a collaboration between the University of Cambridge and the Smart Cambridge programme. Organisations will not be charged for the SmartPanel until end of March 2019 at the earliest (although the organisation will need to provide their equipment – e.g. TV screen 49”, power sockets, internet connectivity etc). After the end of March 2019 a small subscription may be introduced.
The SmartPanel is primarily intended to improve the availability of transport related information. The SmartPanel will be able to display the following:
- Bus departure times – the “live” bus departure times for any selected bus stop
- Bus positions and timings - live bus positions within a selected map area
- Train departure times - the live train departures for a selected train station.
- Google traffic maps - the latest road traffic congestion provided by Google
- Twitter timelines (in particular traffic‐related feeds) - the Twitter timeline for any selected Twitter account
- Weather forecasts - the weather forecast for the selected location
- Static messages - to display a fixed text message
- Live copies of other web pages - other webpages that are compatible with an iFrame to be displayed
If you are interested in a SmartPanel for your organisation then please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the information pack.